Lending changes for investment properties/Budgeting tips for new buyers
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (468.7MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Email | RSS | More
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2021 – Debbie opens up today’s show by bringing in seasoned loan officer Larry Ehrlich AKA the Mortgage Dad to explore various topics. They discuss what was first to crash during 2007, 2008 and 2009 with the correlation of investment properties and second homes. They also point out how current investment properties have quite a bit higher of an interest rate compared to primary residence properties due to lenders protecting themselves from future disasters.
- Debbie is also determined to do future business with the online gamers out there, especially because she is now officially sponsoring a video game team.
- Larry gives advice to other loan officers on how important it is to treat their clients like family, especially because of these future clients making the most important choice and investment for their livelihood. Debbie expresses that the goal of her show is to educate loan officers and future buyers. Debbie and Larry both state that walking clients from start to finish is very much an important process, especially when it comes to closing costs, appraisals and home owner’s insurance.
- Larry talks about how canceling PMI insurance can save buyers a substantial amount of money. Debbie points out that she is licensed in California, Arizona, Washington, Nevada, Idaho, Oregon, Texas, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida. She also talks about how she can help with references for clients in other states she is not licensed in.
- Debbie briefly talks about the importance of being an actual mortgage licensed bank in comparison to the larger conglomerate banks. She also expresses how working with a smaller team of her own is extremely beneficial, especially with clients having access to all of her team members personally.
- Larry talks about how setting goals to buying a house is very important. He goes into details of how to save money by sacrificing the little things and how it all adds up. Debbie also drives home that same point with other examples.
- Debbie talks details on MI’s (mortgage insurance), FHA and conventional loans and how they work, along with great programs like VA and USDA loans.
Mortgage Mom Radio airs weekly focusing on topics that will educate our listeners around mortgage lending. This week Debbie is joined by returning guest Escrow Officer Jennifer Davidson to continue the 2021 Homebuyers Workshop series by covering what escrow is and important tips to move your loan smoothly through the loan process.
We are LIVE on YouTube every Wednesday at 5 PM. Watch us record our show! Ask us your questions right in the feed, we’ll read those and answer them for you. Make sure to subscribe to our channel and turn on your notifications to know when we get started.
Mortgage Mom Radio equips you with all of the mortgage education that you could ask for right at your fingertips! Listen to our Podcast with hours of shows and topics, download our PHONE APP loaded with every mortgage tool that you could need, and last but not least, watch our weekly Homebuyer Workshop Series on YouTube! Mortgage Mom Radio
How do you schedule a phone appointment with mom? Call our office, 844-935-3634. Get your free consultation today! Do you want our phone app to have the tools you need at your fingertips? Click the link: PHONE APP
Debbie Marcoux is licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act, NMLS ID 237926, also licensed in AZ-0941504, FL-LO76508, GA-69178, IL-031.0058339, NV-57237, OR, TN-184373, TX, WA-MLO-237926 | Heidi Slagle-Points CA NMLS ID 1666881